Purpose: The North Carolina Correctional Association (NCCA) Scholarship Awards Program is designed to financially assist qualified applicants preparing to, or actively participating in an accredited college, university, technical or vocational program of higher education. This Scholarship is based on merit. The recipient may receive the scholarship only once.
Process: Each year a minimum of two (2) persons will be selected to receive Scholarships from the NCCA. All applications must be completed and submitted to the Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee by June 1st of each year. Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing.
The recipients of the Scholarships will be presented at the NCCA Annual Conference. The funds for the Scholarship will be deposited with an accredited school toward the recipient’s tuition and/or related academic expenses.
- Applicant has never received this scholarship.
- Applicant must be an active NCCA member, member’s spouse, or dependent.
- Applicant must be pursuing a graduate, undergraduate, technical or vocational degree/certificate.
- Applicant must be officially accepted in an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Applicant must complete the NCCA Scholarship Application. Provide all required supporting documentation. Submit the entire package to the Scholarship Committee by September 30, 2016. Incomplete Scholarship Applications will not be accepted for consideration.
NORTH CAROLINA CORRECTIONAL ASSOCIATION
Directions: Print or type all responses. Use additional sheet (s) of paper as needed. This document must be signed and dated to be eligible for consideration.
Please note: This scholarship may be received only once.
Submit Scholarship application to:
North Carolina Correctional Association
Scholarship Committee Chairperson
Post Office Box 10404